I absolutely love this new mascara from Max factor. Thick, black, long, lovely lashes. the wand is short and plastic, and coats the lashes without clumping! It is also easy to remove. The new falsies volume effect mascara by Maybelline is also a winner. The scoop brush really grabs up the lashes and coats them, without clumping!
I thought I would do a simple summer look that’s pretty, quick and easy…
1. Nobody wants a full coverage foundation in the summer its best to keep it light and natural Estee Lauders day wear plus multi protect with a tint release formula is perfect. Not only does this moisturise but it protects the skin as it has a SPF 15 and it will change and blend in colour if you get a tan, a great summer staple.
2. If you need a to conceal keep it light and light reflective pop a bit of Touche Eclat on the under eye and around the nose and chin if needed.
3. Give yourself a glow with Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for lips and cheeks go for blushed rose which is a gorgeous browny pinky colour perfect for summer. Keep it simple and use your fingers applying it to the apples of your cheeks, smile and apply!
4. Add a bit of colour with Mac’s Minted eye Kohl apply this to the bottom water line to make your eyes pop, this colour looks great with a tan and it’s low maintenance in the summer sun.
5. Curl your lashes to really open out your eyes and finish with a coat of waterproof mascara Max Factor lash lift will last all day and give you great volume in just one coat.
6. Finish with Rimmel’s royal gloss in yummy a lovely sheer lippy that’s easy to apply.
A look that should be accompanied by a nice glass of Rose!
I was really disappointed that Ashes to ashes ended on Friday I love it, eighties clothes, make up a fab sound track and of course the well known phrase that was cleverly turned round by the Tories ‘Lets fire up the quattro’ I think they must have paid a lot for that car as it featured in nearly every episode I was devastated to see it destroyed! My only criticism is I didn’t quite get it…. the ending it was bizarre!
How to get the look.
My model had great skin so I opted to use a sheer foundation Mac Face and body did the job perfectly any problem areas such as the under eye, around the nose and chin I used Bobbi Browns creamy concealer, making sure it was well blended.
I added a bit of the concealer to the eye lid then blended then set with a Mac Translucent powder my reason for this is I know I will be working with powdered eyeshadow and it needs a good base to work well on.
The Eyes- First of all I lined the waterline of the eye top and bottom with a Black Kohl pencil buy Bourjois make sure you get right into the tear duct to make the eye liner look finished. To create the super blended eye lid you will need a good blending brush a Mac 224 is perfect and several different coloured eye shadows I used from Mac Arena, Gold mine and Tempting and Mahogany from Bobbi Brown. Experiment with creating this look try to keep the darker colours in the socket line for a more dramatic look.
I finished the eye by curling the lashes and adding a coat of Max Factor lash extension effect mascara, inserting individual eyelashes and finishing with another coat of mascara to blend and finish.
Cheeks are quite minimal just a bit of Mac powder blush in Prism under the cheek bone for definition.
The lip is strong so a good lip brush is essential to get a good straight line I always use a Shu Uemura lip brush as its easy to use and gives a lovely shape to the lips. The lip colour I have used is Morange by Mac.
To finish I added a bit of Mac mineralize powder to the under eye as I find this to be a great finishing powder. To set the rest of the make up I swept a translucent powder all over the face.