Eyebrows frame your face. They should not be the first thing you notice when you look in the mirror. If they are then you have probably got them wrong. Firstly I would like to make your life easier don’t over pluck or wax. The eyebrows you are born with is the brow you should keep. Minimal plucking only. I would pluck any hairs in between the brow nobody wants a mono brow and any strays around the natural shape. Also remember brows are sisters not twins. So don’t obsess over slightly different brows.
Generally if you have big gorgeous thick eyebrows like Cara D you will have an eye and face shape that will suit this. So don’t pluck! If like me you have light sparse eyebrows you will probably have red or very blonde hair. You may like me have small eyes. A barely there brow or a bleach brow will make your eyes look bigger. So what I’m trying to say keep the natural shape and just brush and fill where appropriate.
So below I have done a little demo on how I fill eyebrows. I have quite sparse brows so they are more difficult to fill. If you have gorgeous thick brows you will probably just have to brush them up with brow gel and you’re done!
1. Brush brows up and to the side with brow gel or hairspray and a toothbrush. Thick brows may only need this step. Groom until you are happy with the shape. The brow will go into a natural shape if you keep brushing it up and out.
2. If brows are sparse they may require filling in. I like to use pencils my favourites are Mac Fling, Lingering and stud. I also like the Burberry eyebrow pencils. Always fill in with a pencil lighter than your brow colour for a more natural finish. Make sure the colour you are using is ashy or greyish. I find this works so much better. Use light feathery strokes in the direction of the hair. Groom through for a blended natural finish. No scouse brows please they are horrendous they offend my eyes.
3. apply more brow gel lightly to hold in place.
4. Keep it natural you will look so much better!
5. If you have over plucked try to grow them back its actually less work no more plucking!
I find tweezerman tweezers are the best for removing strays. If you want to wax Nair Argan Oil has just launched an ultra precision roll on eyebrow wax that is fab! Easy to use and leaves skin super soft.
Hope this helps!