I’m very proud of this shoot a behind the scenes blog is to follow, but for now click on the link and check it out.
Make-up will only look good if your skin is in great condition, this is what I tell all my clients. Good skin care is vital but not the only contributing factor. Drinking lots of water, fresh air, good diet and plenty of sleep will keep you young and fresh.
1. Always remove make-up before bed, the skin needs time to rest and repair and lets face it keeping it on is just plain skanky!!
2. Use a good cleanser – My favorite is Bioderma only available from French pharmacy’s (and ebay) this is a very gentle water like cleanser favoured by Make-up artists and models. It can also be used to correct any make-up mistakes you may make. I also like Ren no.1 purity balm, DHC deep cleansing oil and Liz Earle cleanse and polish.
3. Ex foliate – at least once a week – this gets rid of any dead skin cells prevents pores from becoming blocked and leaves an all round clean feeling. Dermologica microfoliant this is gentle and will suit all skin types.
4. Moisturise – Essential for happy hydrated skin. These creams won’t make you look younger but they will keep your skin supple and make-up ready. I like Darphin and Decleor both are oil based and really work. They also do oils and balms which are lovely at night and can really improve skin in six weeks.
5. Eye Cream – If you are over twenty five an eye cream should also be part of your regime. Remember to use a tiny amount about the size of a grain of rice and pat gently from the inner corner to the outer corner. Using too much eye cream can have the reverse effect and cause ageing so be careful this is a very delicate area. Sublimage by Chanel is expensive but amazing.
6. Face Masks – Just once a week its nice to give your skin a bit of extra help, look at you skin and see what it needs? Is it blemished? try Ren Clear calm anti-blemish mask. Do your Pores need minimising? Try Ren Pore min detox mask.Does it need a quick fix? try Sisley express flower gel face mask this mask nourishes and brightens in three minutes. Now we all have three minutes in a day.
7. Sunscreen – protect your skin even in winter I have a factor 50 on all year round. La Roche Posay do a lovely light fluid for the face in 50 which is great.
8. Don’t forget your lips there’s nothing worse than chapped lips. Keep them kissable with creme de la mer lip balm, Carmex or my fav Lanosil (tit cream).
Stay happy, healthy and abide by the rules and I promise you skin will be amazing in six weeks time!