I thought after yesterdays little shoot it would be nice to give my top tips for applying fake lashes.
1. first of all apply your make up as usual the lash should be one of the last steps in your routine.
2. Make sure you have curled and mascara’d your lashes I find this makes applying eyelashes much easier.
3. Use a good quality glue Duo in clear is the best it holds all day and is easily removed.
4. Remove the lash from the packet some are easier to remove than others, Once removed the lash can be a bit straight if so wrap it around a pencil or make up brush to get the curved shape required to fit the eye.
5. Measure the eyelash against the eye as it may need trimming always trim from the outside although yesterday some of the lashes had details on the outside of the eye, so use your common sense!!
6. Place a small amount of Duo on the back of the hand and leave for a minute, then take the end of a small make up brush and coat the top of the strip in glue (don’t over do it) waft the lash about a bit then apply using tweezers. Just drop the lash into the lash line and wiggle until its in place. Make sure both of the ends are secured!
7. If using individual lashes which is my preferred lash dip the small tip of the lash into the glue and insert where necessary between mascara’d lashes, for a cat eye look just apply to the outside corner of the lashes, for a more fuller feathery look apply to the whole eye. Remember towards the inner part of the eye you may want to use shorter inserts.
8. Once all lashes are fixed apply a coat of mascara to fully blend the lashes together again with some of the fancy lashes this may not be possible!
9. Don’t forget to mascara the bottom lashes.
10. Pop a little bit of black Bobbi Brown long wear gel eyeliner on the eyelash band to cover it perfection!
Don’t worry if you can’t do this at first it does take a bit of practice to get it right have fun an experiment with styles and lengths and see what works best for you!